When accessing WorldCat from off campus navigate to http://hslic.unm.edu/:
1. For UNM Affiliates, click "Sign in to UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center" and enter your Banner ID and password. This will allow you to see HSLIC's holdings, WorldCat Libraries' holdings, and provide immediate access to e-resources.
2. For Non-UNM Affiliates, click Guest. This will allow you to see HSLIC's holdings, WorldCat Libraries' holdings, but will not provide access to electronic resources.
In WorldCat Discovery, use My Library Account:
Renew books, check fines, request material from offsite storage, and place ILL.
In Worldcat Local, use the Sign In link in the far right corner:
You can create a personal WorldCat Local account that is separate from your library account. This is an account for social media that allows you to tag items, create book public or private lists, export lists of results to citation management software. Set up your account here.
HSLIC and UNM students, faculty, and staff can click on the "Library Account" link on the search box from the HSLIC Homepage. This will allow users to renew books, place holds, and view fines.
You can access your library account in two ways:
1. Click on Library Account:
2. When you are on the search screen within WorldCat Discovery, click on the Sign In link in top right corner:
3. Click on set/reset password.
4. Enter your Banner ID# and click “Request new password.”
5. The system will send an email to your UNM/HSC email account. The email subject line will be something something like “Request to manage library password.”
6. Follow the link inside the email to a screen where you will enter your Banner ID and create a password.
7. Note that this applies to HSLIC. To set up an account with University Libraries, please click here for instructions.