1. Training is required before you can use the lab without staff supervision.
2. Due to the nature of virtual reality and the real danger of tripping, falling, etc., you cannot operate the equipment alone. You must have a minimum of 2 people in your group to use the Virtual Reality Lab.
3. No food or drink is allowed in the Virtual Reality Lab. Water bottles with lids are acceptable, but must be kept on the round table in the corner of the room, not on the table with the computer and virtual reality equipment.
4. You must make a reservation 24 hours in advance to use the Virtual Reality Lab; walk-ins are not accepted. Reservations are limited to 2 hours, once per group, per day. If you do not arrive within 15 minutes of your appointment time, your reservation will be canceled.
5. You may not alter the configuration of the virtual reality computer, or the virtual reality equipment itself. This includes installing software on the workstation or moving the virtual reality lighthouses or sensors from their designated spots in the room. Any violation of this policy may result in revoking of your Virtual Reality Lab privileges.
6. Any physical damage to the virtual reality equipment will be billed to your Bursar's account.
Feel free to make a copy or re-use this page as long as you credit UNM HSLIC.
This guide was created by a Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center staff member and is licensed by the Health Science Library and Informatics Center of the University of New Mexico under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License.